Steinschaler Excursion Destinations
Starting point for it is the Steinschalerhof (english):
- Surrounding Steinschalerhof (english) - Warth
- Steinschaler Dörfl - Frankenfels
From these hotels, the distances are simply given.
Located in the Dirndl valley (Loich), is the Fuchsien Vroni from Veronika Riegler, a wonderful summer goal (July and August). It owes its name from this brilliant teacher preference for fuchsias that colonize her garden in numerous varieties and individuals.
But Angel's Trumpets, hardy succulents and numerous other flowering plants can be seen in this small pre-alpine botanic garden.
- Summer: from July until end of August
- from 15. July - 15. August from 13:00 hour
Groups by Appointment!
- Steinschaler gardens (english)
- Nature in the garden
The Nix cave is the remarkable cave in Frankenfels.
Opening-hours May until end of October.
In winter, the cave is closed for conservation purposes, as many bats stay here over their winter rest.
Mountain Farmer´s Museum in Hausstein
The Bergbauernmuseum Hausstein (Tuder family) in Frankenfels displays the 1,000 exhibits from the rural past of the region. It is also a popular snack bar. Especially recommended is the ascent through the Taubenbachklamm. On the way up is the vantage point for Frankenfels (Look at the image).
- Steinschaler Dörfl - 6 km
- Steinschalerhof - 14 km
This enchanting Mariazellerbahn is' 'always worth to visit' . The ride is in every season a unique experience.
The Mariazellerbahn is a wonderful rail for the arrival to the beloved hiking destinations also in the Pielach valley.
This rail line can take you to the eventful hiking destinations in the Nature Park Ötscher
- Steinschalerhof 160m
- Steinschaler Dörfl 4 km
Crockery Museum in Wilhelmsburg
Go back in time to the 50s. The Daisy-Model the Lilien porcelain with pastel colors are known. You can also find them in the outstanding collection from the crockery museum in Wilhelmsburg.
The hiking paradise and natural paradise with many waterfalls.
The Marienstein with his grandious view to the mark is something that has to be mentioned here.
- Monastery in Lilienfeld - 16 km
- The gothic monastery with a Roman origin
- Monastery in Lilienfeld has the largest gothic cloister (of the world)
- 16 km away from Steinschlerhof
- Zdarsky-Museum in Lilienfeld (History of alpine ski run)
- Andreaskirche - gothic church - 1 km away from Steinschalerhof
- Kartause Gaming - 39 km
- onastery in Melk - 40 km
- St. Pölten - Tower and Baroque Town - 26 km
Lakes in the Mostviertel
- Erlaufsee - "Erlauf" lake in Mitterbach
- Lunzer See - Lunz
- Ebersdorfer See - Obergrafendorf
- Ratzersdorfersee - the lake of the people from St. Pölten
In your interest:
- Ötscher bear
- Haslaustube in Schwarzenbach
- Ybbstaler Solebad Göstling
For more information about trips, have a look at:
Information about Excursions:
Homepages for Steinschaler Dörfl:
gothic cultural guidance at the Andreas Church - Andreaskirche